5.11.2011

The Joys of Motherhood

Two weeks ago it dawned on me that I am about to be the parent of a pre-teen. Along with that comes so many things boys, dating, middle school, peer pressure, and puberty. LAWD I am not ready. It seems like yesterday that I had Justice, but in July it will be 11 years. As her mother I felt I was supposed to teach her all of life's lessons, but she in turn has taught me so much. As a new mother at the age of 20 she taught perserverance to finish college early. She motivated me to keep pushing when I wanted to give up because I refused to be a statistic or to have her to watch me struggle. She has shown me unconditional love, compassion and admiration that I never thought imaginable. These are traits that I am not sure I would have learned as early had God not have given her to me. So to Him I say thank you for entrusting me with such a precious, wonderful gift. At first I thought, why me? Now I know that motherhood is an assignment that all are not entrusted with and many do not do well. So I am humbled and gracious that God saw so much in me and I have enjoyed and will continue to enjoy this wonderful adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment