1.11.2011

I Own the Right to Walk This Way

I have encountered many men who often say, “I love your confidence” or your “swag” and then you have those who are bothered by the fact that I am so self-assured, but what they failed to realize is I paid the price and I own the right to walk this way. I remember being a young skinny girl with all the book sense in the world and plenty of friends, but I got picked on for being “too skinny” for being “a nerd” and for having “big lips”…. Fast forward to the present I now have the dangerous curves, being a nerd is about to make me Dr. Powe and the same lips that men used to joke on me about, now brings them to their knees. So don’t be mad I own the right to walk this way.

People say you are hard on guys you shouldn’t have high standards, but were you there when he cheated and I still stood tall. Were you there when I gave my all and it was still not enough. I paid that price and appreciate the experience because it didn’t make me bitter, it made me oh so much better.

They say she act like her life is all that, but let me ask you this… were you there when my organs started shutting down 2 days after my daughter was born or when I was in a terrible car crash when she was 6 weeks old. God destined me for greatness and I paid a high price so I OWN the right to walk this way.

Out of all these things none of them explain why I walk the way I do..with swag, confidence and some say arrogance. I AM A GREAT PERSON, Daughter of the Most High God I walk this way because of Who I AM and WHOSE I AM and that is what gives me the right to walk this way and proclaim that I AM THE GOODNESS KNOWN AS D.Powe! I OWN THE RIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment